As a first time mom I remember it was a bit overwhelming to add products to my baby registry. After finding the items I thought I needed, I would then read reviews to determine the best option, and then add it my registry but it wasn’t until I actually became a mom that I knew the products I really needed!
My son is 13 months old and here are the top 4 must-add baby shower registry gifts that I wish I knew about before the baby was born.
Most baby covers enclose baby completely which poses a risk of overheating baby plus not having eye contact with my baby was not something I enjoyed. The Dooky is amazing!
- Unique one-of-a-kind design; adjustable sunshade to block sun at any angle
- UV-protection of UPF40+ to block over 95% of harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Prevents overheating allowing constant airflow
- Universal fit for all carriers and strollers
- Easy to use
- Trendy designs
- Award-winning #1 Baby Cover in Holland and becoming popular fast in the US
I remember buzzing the nurse into my labor recovery room to rewrap our newborn baby in that nice burrito swaddle blanket (they made it look so easy but when I tried I couldn’t quite get it and it kept unraveling).
The Woombie Baby Swaddle is a lifesaver! It requires NO wrapping – just put baby in and zip!
- Gently cocoons baby and allows for natural movement of arms, legs and hips just like in the womb!
- 4-way stretch fabric
- Breathable and ventilated design allows excess heat to escape (overheating is a risk factor to SIDS; and swaddle blankets can come unraveled and cover baby’s face posing a suffocation risk)
- Prevents face-scratching and the startle reflex from waking up baby
- Two-way zipper for easy and quick diaper changes without disturbing baby
- My Baby instantly calmed and settled to sleep once in his Woombie
- 20+ awards won and a million babies and counting have used this awesome swaddle
- Invented by a 23-year nurse and mother of five
I added a crib to my registry but I totally forgot to add a mattress! When I was in the hospital after the baby was born my husband had to run and get a mattress with my mom. Later we discovered the SafeSleep Breathe-Through Crib Mattress and ALL PARENTS should know about this!
If a baby rolls over and is face-down this is very dangerous, but with the SafeSleep mattress, baby can breathe normally even if face down – constant airflow!
- Invented by three professionals who all lost a loved one to SIDS
- Bed of air layered between the mattress and crib base.
- The airflow design lessens the risk of overheating (another risk factor of SIDS); keeps baby’s core temperature just right – not too hot, and not too cold.
- Provides just the right amount of firmness.
- Integrated safety welting to prevent gaps between mattress and crib
- 3D medical grade spacer fabric with a drying rate of over 50% quicker than a thin cotton
- No chemicals used for fireproofing or waterproofing
Invented by engineer dad, Martin Hill, with Shark Tank investors Ashton Kutcher and Lori Greiner, the Beebo is THE “it” baby gift of the year! It’s the first-of-its-kind hand-free baby bottle holder! Nursing mamas have a free hand; now bottle feeding parents can too!
With Beebo you enhance and enrich feeding time, and can:
- Read a book to baby
- Eat dinner as a family
- Have an extra hand to tend to toddler siblings
- Wrap both hands around baby for a better snuggle
- Feed baby more easily with a disability (chronic pain, amputee, etc.)
Find more amazing baby gifts in our magazine – plus enter to win these gifts and 80 more must have baby and kids must-haves here:
Written by Tasha Mayberry, Editor-in-Chief of BIBB Magazine
Tasha is a work-at-home mom’preneur and has lived green for many years, but has increased her green living since getting pregnant in the summer of 2015.